Have Questions About Rideshare Accidents? Contact Us Today!
Ride-hailing accidents and disputes have surged this year. As more people take to the roads in an Uber or Lyft, you might have questions about what to do in a complicated situation. Whether you are the passenger, rideshare driver, or opposing driver, our law firm can help guide you through the legalities. Read on for a list of our most frequently asked questions.
What is the difference between Uber and Lyft?
The services vary between the two. Uber is a larger corporation with services in more than 50 countries. Whereas Lyft only operates in the U.S.
- Original Lyft – for up to four riders
- Lyft Plus – for up to six riders
- Lyft Premier – deluxe for six passengers
- Lyft Lux – limo or SUV options for up to six riders
- Lyft Line – option for riders to split the price
- UberX – for up to four passengers
- UberXL – for up to six passengers
- UberSUV – upgraded service for six passengers
- UberPOOL – option for passengers to split the price
- UberWAV – service for riders with folding wheelchairs
- UberSELECT – deluxe for six passengers
- UberTaxi – cabs associated with Uber
I'm an Uber Driver. What Are My Options After an Accident?
- Insurance coverage – were you en route to the next location? Your personal or rideshare insurance protects you if a passenger sues.
- Not at fault – take photographic evidence of the scene, call the police, and get medical treatment. Attorneys for Uber accidents in LA can help you bring a claim against the negligent driver.
- At-fault – As an independent contractor, you do not have as many options as an employee. Hire a personal injury lawyer in Los Angeles immediately to configure your liability and help you through the legal battle that might ensue.
What Happens If I Didn't Have Passengers?
If you did not have passengers with you when an accident occurred, you'd face complications from insurance companies for your injuries and property damage.
As an independent driver, you don't get covered under Uber or Lyft insurance like other passengers would be.
Contracted drivers always need to fight harder for compensation, especially if another driver is at fault.
How Do Rideshare Accidents Happen?
We understand that the last thing you want is to get into an accident. Common causes of rideshare accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Poor road conditions
- Inclement weather
- Fatigued driving
- Negligent pedestrians
Why Should I Call the Police When I'm Involved in A Rideshare Accident?
Even if both drivers agree to exchange insurance, passengers can still take it upon themselves to call the police. Any accident involving more than one person should get reported to local authorities immediately.
They will write an official report and call emergency services to the scene. For a successful injury claim, you must seek medical attention after the collision. A formal police report can significantly support your claim as well.
Can I Sue Uber or Lyft?
Yes, with the help of a ridesharing accident attorney. Both Uber and Lyft make it challenging for victims to pursue a lawsuit. Rideshare drivers are considered independent contractors, which limits your legal options. If we find you have a case against Uber or Lyft, we will hold them accountable.
What Happens When Another Driver Causes The Collision?
Whether another driver caused the crash or the rideshare driver did, you are not responsible for their faults. As the passenger, you are entitled to file a claim and get compensated for the injuries you sustained
You might not need to retain a LA rideshare accident lawyer for minor accidents but should if complications arise.
Why Should I Hire an Attorney for Uber Lyft Accidents?
Injury claims for rideshare accidents are not as straightforward as regular car accidents. Recovering maximum compensation requires you to demonstrate that the Uber or Lyft driver was at fault. An attorney for Uber Lyft accidents in LA can help you establish negligence and file a claim against the defendant for compensation.
About The Law Offices of Oscar H Gutierrez
Our law firm specializes in helping those injured due to an accident or someone else's negligence. Navigating the insurance agencies and legal framework for compensation can be difficult, especially if English is not your first language. That's why you should call the bilingual lawyers of The Law Offices of Oscar H Gutierrez.
Don't leave your medical bills and property damage to chance. Contact our office for a free consultation at 323-999-3500 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.