Need Professional Help to File a Product Liability Lawsuit Against Juul?
Juul Labs, Inc. has faced thousands of product liability suits across the U.S. for false advertising and promotion for the past few years. Vaping is a popular phenomenon among kids, teens, and young adults. Very rarely do consumers give it up unless they see signs of long-term health effects.
If you have been recently diagnosed with a vaping-related illness like nicotine poisoning, you might be starting to wonder about your legal options. A product liability attorney in Los Angeles is a great resource to learn more about your possibilities should you decide to file a Juul or vaping lawsuit.
Why People Are Suing Juul
E-cigarette and vape manufacturing companies are under fire for false advertising, downplaying the long-term side effects of use, amid other concerns. We list several reasons why Californians are holding companies like Juul accountable below.
- E-cigarettes heat liquids like nicotine and artificial flavors to produce the smoke users inhale. Over time it has led to severe health risks and lung injuries from burning and scarring.
- Juul has falsely advertised their e-cigarettes are a safer alternative for smoking. But the CDC discovered 99% of e-cigarettes in the U.S. contain nicotine – an additive that keeps users addicted.
- Since its launch in 2015, Juul has targeted a younger audience. Teens and young adults are more likely to fall into the addictive nature of the products.
Like you, thousands of other e-cigarette users intend to hold Juul accountable for their injury. Personal injury lawyers from Gutierrez Law will assess your potential claim to determine how the company misled you, targeted your loved ones, or caused an unwanted addiction. In most cases, plaintiffs addressed:
- Juul was responsible for health problems linked to vaping and e-cigarette use including, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), severe asthma, nicotine poisoning, heart disease, other respiratory illnesses and infection.
- The company poorly marketed their product regarding nicotine levels and consumption.
- Little warning was provided about severe health risks, including the possibility of addiction.
- The flavored pods and packaging appealed to younger and underage customers.
- Marketing campaigns directly targeted teens, making them more likely to face the consequences.
E-cigarettes have gained the attention of attorney generals, school districts, and several other groups. That might make it easier for your personal injury lawyer in Los Angeles to win your marketing defect claim. So far, Juul has paid over $40 million in restitution for underage vaping lawsuits in North Carolina this year.
Can I File a Lawsuit Against Juul or Other E-Cigarette Companies?
Take a moment to review the evidence needed to prove you’ve suffered an injury or illness from vaping before you reach out to a lawyer for a product defect claim. This is a crucial part of your case.
Any personal injury lawsuit must establish you have endured “measurable harm” like a lung illness. You can leave it to our personal injury law offices in LA to build a strong legal defense. Anything we discover from your medical diagnosis will be considered when determining the number of damages to recover from the defendant.
Examples of economic damages: medical treatment, rehabilitation, loss of income, diminished earning capacity in the future
Examples of non-economic damages: physical pain, anxiety, sleeplessness, other emotional damages
Fortunately, federal health agencies have reassessed the complex ruling of e-cigarettes and vaping products. With such a spike in lung injuries, including 2,800 hospitalizations and over 68 deaths (CDC), proving their liability in court has become easier. However, if you have a long history of smoking, your case might be more challenging.
In California, the statute of limitations is two years from the date of injury or discovery of the injury. We recommend acting as soon as possible. For instance, if you last used Juul on April 1, 2020, and experienced health issues on August 12, the clock would start after August 12. Cases vary for wrongful death claims.
About The Law Offices of Oscar H Gutierrez
Our law firm specializes in helping those injured due to an accident or someone else’s negligence. Navigating the insurance agencies and legal framework for compensation can be difficult, especially if English is not your first language. That’s why you should call the bilingual lawyers of The Law Offices of Oscar H Gutierrez to make sure you are compensated for your pain and suffering. For a free consultation, call 323-999-3500 or email us at email@example.com!