Lyft and Uber have become more popular in recent years. People love these ride-sharing companies because they make it convenient for them to get around. It is also relatively inexpensive to use a ride-sharing company.
In the past, people were concerned about sharing a vehicle with a stranger. There have been a few reports of violence. However, ride-sharing companies are still considered safe for drivers and passengers. Yet, people are still concerned about car accidents.
– How Ride-Sharing Accidents are Different
– Drivers use their own vehicles to transport passengers
– A commercial driver’s license is not required.
The main purpose of ride-sharing companies is to match drivers and passengers. People who work for a ride-sharing company are not employees. However, they are screened before they are allowed to work for the company. They undergo a background check. They are also required to meet the following criteria.
– They have to be at least 21-years-old.
– They need to have at least one year of driving experience if you are over the age of 23. You need to have three years of experience if you are under the age of 23.
– They need to have a valid driver’s license.
– They need to have a four-door vehicle.
– They need to have proof of vehicle insurance and registration.
What Happens if You get Into an Uber Accident
Uber provides its drivers with commercial insurance. The coverage kicks in when the driver takes the call. The coverage limit is $1 million. If you were injured in an accident while in an Uber, the Uber insurance will pay. In addition, you can get compensated from the driver’s insurance company if they were negligent. You should let Uber know about the accident as soon as possible.
What Happens if You get into a Lyft Accident
Lyft handles accidents the same way that Uber does. It has its own insurance policy. You may also be able to get compensated by the driver’s insurance policy.
Contact a Ride Sharing Accident Lawyer
Crashes involving a ride sharing service can be complex. That is why you need the help of a personal injury lawyer in Los Angeles. Your attorney will be able to investigate the accident thoroughly.