The story of Rocky Clarke still sends shivers into the spine of many. One minute, he was at the top of his game with a room full of medals and trophies, and in a twinkle, he became the responsibility of his 24/7 care giver mom. Aside from the emotional and unbearable physical pain that comes with spinal cord injuries, the medical expenses which can be a much as $1 million in the first year to a $200,000 bill in subsequent years can bring more pain.
Depending on the type of spinal cord injury and the cause, a victim may consult a spinal cord injury lawyer in Los Angeles to know how to go about personal claims. There is majorly two type of spinal cord injury lawsuit; negligence or product quality, they are others but these two are the most common. The family and spinal cord attorney need to find the best course of action to alleviate the financial suffering of the victim.
Spinal Cord injuries can be caused by many scenarios;
- Automobile or motorcycle accident where one party will be at fault.
- Slips and falls that could not have been caused by other factor other than defective products.
- Gunshot wounds which fall directly under product liability.
- Medical and surgical complications.
- Sport and recreational activities.
Seeking justice in a spinal cord injury case needs the best spinal cord attorney to help find a fault and use it in seeking financial compensation. In the event that an individual or organization is culpable, considering a law suit is worth it.